Pantone released its colour of the year for 2018, and it’s . . . Ultra Violet! The news shouldn’t come as a complete surprise if you’ve been following the runway trends from Fashion Week. We saw a variety of purple hues from designers, most notably lavender touches for Spring/Summer 2018, and it won’t be long before every fashion girl finds a way to incorporate the colour into her clothing. According to Pantone, Ultra Violet “communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future.” This sounds pretty accurate to us as we head into the new year. For those who simply can’t wait to try out the trend, we found 11 easy outfits to re-create right now.
1. Test-Drive the Trend With an Ultra Violet Trouser-suit. Be bold and step out in a purple power suit. Full trouser suits are set to be huge this season so adding the colour that’s tipped to be the biggest is a good move
2. Cover Up in a Furry Purple Coat — It’s Completely Unexpected. Take a classic look and put and on trend twist on it.
3. Kick Off the Trend With a Pair of Purple Shoes. Thigh highs are for the braver fashionista but some purple ankle boots would look great with a pair of skinny’s
4. Start Incorporating Purple Accessories Into Your Daily Outfits
5. Invest in a Purple Dress You Can Wear With Your Black Boots
6. Try a Pair of Ultra Violet Trousers, Then Rock the Look With Pink Accents
7. Drape Yourself in an Oversize Purple Cardigan. Chunky knits are silk set to be big this spring until the mercury starts to rise again.
8. Stay Warm For spring in a Purple Puffer Jacket
9. Revamp Your Basic Black Leather Jacket With Purple Details
10. Dare to Wear Purple From Head to Toe. It’s the colour of the season after all.
11. Look For Ultra Violet Designs in Your Jumpers